- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers & partners
- About education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation & review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Development of NZ Diploma in Business prescriptions
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
- Innovation at NZQA
Chief Executive Karen Poutasi
"Delivering changes that meet the needs of 21st century learners" is the best way to define the NZQA vision that is taking us from now through the next few years.
What does the future hold? NZQA needs to respond to the global and digital environment that is integral to the first decades of the 21st century. The changes we are making now will lead to NZQA being online, on-demand, anywhere, anytime. The way we do assessments and what we assess will change. The global environment we are working in is becoming increasingly borderless, making quality assurance of education and qualifications more important and more necessary. At NZQA we are interested in how technology lifts the 'possibilities' for learners. Read more here.
Board Chair Sue Suckling
"The Board sees this as an exciting time for NZQA as it continues with its 'Future State' programme of work, making the organisation responsive to and relevant to the demands of the future.
At the core of the Board's and NZQA's thinking, has been global trends and their impact on the organisation and more broadly, discussions with NZQA’s clients about their own strategic directions and their views as to how their needs will change. There are some clear pathways guiding us into the future, some we are already travelling down, and some we are still learning to negotiate. But what is important is that the technologies, processes and new ways of thinking are coming together to ensure NZQA remains responsive and meets future client expectations and the needs of learners."
Hear our Senior Management Team talk about their role in where we are headed
- Our role
- Our structure
- NZQA Board Members »
- The Office of Deputy Chief Executive Māori »
- Assessment Division »
- Quality Assurance Division »
- Working at NZQA
This page provides links to a number of different NZQA publications. Read more »
- Consultations and reviews
From time to time, NZQA seeks feedback on a range of subjects.
Specific details of reviews and consultations are updated and outlined as shown below. Read more »
What's new on the website, and recent media releases. It's all here. Read more »
- Contact us